Thursday 27 September 2012

In Tallin part 2: Old town and the Maritime museum

Again there will be a rather big bunch of pictures here.

Old town




On sunday me and the lovely Kati took a morning stroll around the old city centre of Tallin. The crooked streets were so charming and the castle around it very regal. There are tons of little boutiques around old town, albeit most of them are some sort of tourist shops. How ever we managed to find a darling hat shop which quinsedently got a lot of business that morning. Personally I bougth a hat. 

Maritime museum




Random artsy photo... Which seems fitting as the Maritime museum had sort of a ghosty athmosphere.




 The maritime museum sure was an experience. It was very interactive with movies in submarine models and clothes to try on. It felt like we were underwater for the most part and one could even go into a real USSR-submarine. I didn't dare to I hate tigth spaces but I did explore quite  alot othervise. 

I wore:

 Hat: Bougth in that little shop I mentioned
Jacket, Dress: Handmade by me
Shirt: Vintage
Gloves: Self-modified
Shoes: Gabor 

And yes awkward pose is awkward.


Mademoiselle Parapluie

12 comments:

  1. Ihana hattu ja aivan upea takki!♥ Tykkään hirveästi sen leikkauksesta. Nyt tekee mieli mennä Tallinnaan...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos. Olen hyvin tyytyväinen hatuun itsekin ja jakku onnistui erinomaisesti.

      Delete
  2. Oh I wish I had visited the maritim museum :( your outfit is so amazing, as always! The new hat matches your dress so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely town Tallin is by watching your pictures. I would like to visit it soon.
    Lovely outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend going there is quite a lot to see.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you liked Tallinn.
    We have s small Lolita community in Estonia and most of the members are living in Tallinn, so next time you visit we could have a small meetup :)
    Ps: Your outfit is lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will keep that in mind and inform about my visit in EGL. I'd love to meet Estonian lolitas.

      Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Your new hat is such a pretty shade of red. Tallin also looks like a beautiful city, hope you had a great time^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oih ja voih! Ihania blogeja sinulla! Olen aivan rakastunut pukeutumisen historiaan ja opettanutkin sitä aikoinani. Jos oma tyttäreni joskus (toivon hartaasti) innostuu kauniista Vintage-muodista, olen satalasissa mukana.

    Kiva kun tulit blogini lukijaksi, nyt minäkin löysin upean maailmasi.

    Ihanaa historian havinaa päiviisi!

    Satu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos ja tervetuloa lukemaan tarinoita Päivänvarjon alta.

      Delete